The Youth Center Counselor is responsible for all duties related to the provision of child supervision services at our state-of-the-art child supervision facility, also known as “The Treehouse”. Prepares, directs and supervises games and activities that provide appropriate social interactions while adhering to all health and safety procedures.
• The schedule is based on weekly shifts watching the children in the treehouse.
• Must be available 10-15 hours per week.
• Availability requirements include – Tuesday to Saturday weekday mornings leading up to afternoons
• Typical shifts – 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Ensures knowledge of club policies and procedures as they relate to the youth department
• Ensures knowledge of all safety protocol and first aid procedures, and proactive in accident prevention
• Helps plan age-appropriate activities for children and families
• Greets children and parents by name in a professional and friendly manner
• Communicates with parents during drop-off and pick-up regarding their child’s specific needs and preferences
• Interacts with children in a friendly way by playing games, teaching skills, etc.
• Properly handles and maintains all event center and child supervision materials, with proper storage after use
• Directs and supervises play and activities during Child Supervision Center shifts
• Help with diaper changes, bathroom supervision, meals and snacks
• Recommends new ideas for toys, programs, supplies and promotions
• Performs opening and closing duties to ensure a clean and safe work area in the child care center
• Resolves disputes between children if necessary
• Disciplines using verbal redirection, physical withdrawal and time out, where appropriate
• Communicates with and informs immediate supervisors of any unforeseen circumstances and reacts appropriately
• Assistance with lunch/dinner service with regards to youth activities
• Maintains a safe and clean environment
• Demonstrates good phone etiquette
• Attend all department staff meetings and trainings
• Performs other assigned duties
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid first aid and infant/child CPR certifications
• Six months of experience working with groups of children aged 6 months to 12 years old
• Ability to communicate effectively, fluent English
• Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
• Ability to provide basic hygiene services for young children
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment, while supervising children
• Must have a positive, upbeat, friendly attitude and enjoy providing five-star customer service
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all staff
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Daily
• Constantly walks and stands, reaches, bends, lifts, carries and bends down
• Washes hands frequently
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful environment, free meals, employee outings and events, and golf and tennis privileges. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking and fun team.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug-free workplace.