Photo by Hollywood To You / Star Max / GC Images
(LOS ANGELES) – Ron Jeremy has been charged with forcibly raping three women and sexually assaulting another in separate incidents dating back to 2014, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a press release on Tuesday .
The 67-year-old adult film star, born Ronald Jeremy Hyatt, is accused of forcible rape of a 25-year-old woman at a West Hollywood home in May 2014, the statement said. Prosecutors further allege that Jeremy sexually assaulted two other women, aged 33 and 46, on different occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017.
Jeremy was also charged with forcibly raping a 30-year-old woman at the same West Hollywood bar in July 2019.
The district attorney’s office also dismissed a case against Hyatt due to insufficient evidence resulting from an incident in 2016, according to Lacey.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
In 2017, Rolling stone reported that Jeremy had been accused of sexual misconduct and sexual assault by more than a dozen women. The magazine noted that “a handful of these allegations have already surfaced in the media,” some dating back to 1997.
Jeremy denied the allegations and issued a statement to Rolling Stone at the time, in which he called the allegations “pure lies or buyer’s remorse.”
“I have never raped and I would never rape anyone,” he added. “All the serious allegations were investigated by the police and dismissed by the judges, as were most of the accusations of ‘trial and error’. I have never been charged or spent a single day in court for any of this.
By Georges Costantino
Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.